COST $12


Name and address changes are required by law to be made to driver’s licenses or ID cards within 10 days.



To obtain a name change, you must bring legal 

documentation with your desired name change listed on it.  This can be in the form of in the form of a marriage license, court ordered divorce decree showing the name to be changed to, or court ordered name change.  


Before coming to the Driver's License Dept to change your name, you MUST first go to the Social Security office at least 24 hours prior to seeking a duplicate license or ID and order a new Social Security Card. The Social Security office will give you a letter showing that you have been there to process your name change, you will need to bring this with you to the Driver's License Dept.  


The name on ALL documentation must match.

You must surrender your old license/ID.


Kentucky residents seeking to change your address on your driver's license or ID must bring something showing your new address.  This can be in the form of a piece of mail postmarked within the last 60 days, a deed, lease, utility bill or vehicle registration.

Out of state residents transferring Kentucky, please click on the menu option 'Out of State Transfer' for requirements. 

You must surrender your old license/ID.

© 2017  Brandi Martin Duvall, Circuit Court Clerk