DRIVING PERMIT (cost $12.00)
OVER 18 (under 21)
You MUST bring ALL of the following documents. Please be aware that we CANNOT accept anything photocopied or laminated.
* Birth Certificate (original or certified with a seal)
* Social Security Card (not laminated)
* Proof of Warren County address in the form of a piece of mail
(postmarked within the last 60 days), a deed, lease, utility bill or vehicle
registration. Proof must show the name and current address of the
* Kentucky State Police does written and vision testing Monday through
Friday starting at 8:00am and taking their last applicant at 11:45am.
* There is no appointment necessary for written/vision testing.
* Bring ALL necessary documentation (listed above) to the Driver's License
Dept., you will be given a test card and sent one door down the hall to
Upon passing your written/vision test, you will bring your test card and documentation back to the Driver's License Dept. where you will be issued a Driving Permit. The cost is $12.
If you do not pass, it's okay, KSP will retain your test card and you can come back and retake the test any day of the week during the hours that it is given. There is no limit to the amount of times you can retake the written/eye exam.
You will NOT be required to check in at the Driver's License Department upon returning to retest. Since KSP retained your test card the last time you were here, you may go straight to KSP and take your test.
A permit must be held for 180 days. At the end of this 6 month period, you will be eligible for a road test.
Passing your road test qualifies you for a full, unrestricted license.
See Driver Road Test/Full License for more information.